The increased data security requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation means businesses have to protect data from unlawful processing and loss or destruction. If you’re struggling with how to ensure and maintain compliance, you’re not alone. But there’s good news, meeting the GDPR’s strict requirements is a lot easier with LogPoint’s “out-of-the-box” GDPR features for compliance monitoring and reporting.
How LogPoint adds value
LogPoint allows you to quickly detect unusual behavior in networks and applications to prevent misuse and data breaches with GDPR compliance monitoring. With static rules to detect the knowns, machine learning and advanced analytics to detect “as-is” and unusual activity in the network, it’s much easier to maintain compliance.
With LogPoint, you can:
- Spot and track unauthorized network or systems access
- Identify unusual patterns or rogue employee actions on an individual level
- Empower your security team with analytics
- Enrich and route logs with sensitive data to secure repositories
File Integrity Monitoring (FIM) is a compliance cornerstone. LogPoint’s native FIM features alert you whenever a new directory or file is created, deleted, renamed or altered in its content, so you can maintain an overview of your sensitive assets. Download our brochure to learn more:
LogPoint’s GDPR reports provide critical insight into how your network is actually performing. The reports support GDPR compliance reporting by helping to explain critical data flows and transactions on data, while providing the means to evaluate observed baselines and known-bad behavior from LogPoint GDPR compliance monitoring features. With this accurate, real-time view of the network, you can focus on areas that are non-compliant and plan for the future (or “to-be”) architecture by defining a transition plan.
All LogPoint reports relate directly to the GDPR compliance reporting requirements as well as the ISO/IEC 27000 International Standard.
The information will help ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of your systems by monitoring your assets containing Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and allowing for business investigation into data loss.
LogPoint currently offers the following out-of-the-box GDPR compliance reports:
- File system and database activities and file access reports provide an overview of user access to files and data transfers to removable devices.
- Account management and data modification reports provide an overview of access management and user account rectification and erasure activities.
- General access reports offer an overview of activity on the network including connections and access attempts.
- International connection reports provide an overview of cross-border data flow, ensuring your transfers are lawful.
- Policies reports provide an overview of your company’s policy changes, uncovering potentially damaging changes to the security structure of your system.
- Network access reports provide an overview of unsuccessful attempts to connect to your network to help identify potential threats.
- User privilege escalation reports provide an overview of user access to files as well as data transfers to removable devices.
- Mobile device activities reports provide an overview of your users’ mobile device usage and resource access attempts. Checking this report can help to prevent violation of the regulations for teleworking and mobile computing.
- Network security reports provide an overview of advanced persistent threats in your network and allows for investigation into data loss.
If you want to learn more about the GDPR and how it will affect your organization, take a look at our section on GDPR: When, Why and Who?