Cybersecurity for public administration
For public organizations operating at large scales, increasing efficiency is a constant requirement driven by political demand.
Public institutions are facing a number of challenges, including:
- Compliance requirements are increasingly difficult to meet (GDPR, ISO, NIS etc.)
- Increased complexity in the infrastructure makes it challenging to obtain centralized analysis across the organization
- Difficult to detect advanced persistent threats, data loss and insider threats
- Increased privacy requirements have to be met while maintaining smooth IT operations and
secure data of citizens
- Rising data amounts means more expensive analysis- and cybersecurity operations
Many public organizations tasked with securing data may not have the right solution to do so. It’s a problem – but one with a solution. That solution? SIEM. LogPoint’s seamless, quick reporting on unusual behavior in the network easily adapts to compliance requirements specific to your agency or institution. By keeping an eye on everything going on in your network, LogPoint positions you to address a possible breach quickly, limiting potential
Download our solution brief to learn more about how to get going with SIEM and UEBA for the public sector:
Get in touch with us and learn why leading brands choose LogPoint:
LogPoint for Durham County Council
By choosing LogPoint, the County Council instantly saved 50% cost compared to their previous vendor and additionally, Durham improved their SIEM capabilities.
- Making compliance and accreditation requirements to be met comprehensively
- Due to the simple per node pricing structure it can be widely deployed and more data can be fed into it
- Easy distribution of rights enabling e.g. the Service Desk to perform their own searches and solve cases more effectively
With software and operating system vulnerabilities becoming a cornerstone of modern cyber warfare, the public sector IT infrastructure is more vulnerable to unexpected attacks than ever before. Public cybersecurity relies on the right solution – now, more than ever.
The LogPoint SIEM solution allows the public sector to immediately detect cyberthreats without severely restricting access to digital resources. LogPoint provides monitoring, detection and alerting of security incidents. It provides a comprehensive and centralized view of the security posture of the infrastructure and gives public cybersecurity professionals detailed insight into the activities within their IT environment.
Public IT infrastructure are facing an unprecedented threat level, stemming from actors as diverse as nation-states, cybercriminals, hacktivists, trill-seekers and insiders. Adding to the problem, many public organizations use off-the-shelf products that are connected to the Internet – exposing nations and organizations alike to cyber terrorism and criminality.